Okay, first things first, what are fridge eggs? Basically, just open your fridge. See all those leftover veggies, meat...and BEER? We're gonna just throw that stuff in your eggs.
Check out our recipe for Beer Fridge Eggs below.
Beer Fridge Eggs
Serves 2 people
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 chopped onion
1 clove garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup bell pepper (or any veggies you have in your fridge. Literally anything)
1 link Kiolbassa beef sausage (or literally any meat or sausage you have in your fridge. I even use deli sandwich meats)
1/4 cup craft beer of choice. I used a blonde ale
1/2 cup shredded or cubed cheese
2 tbsp butter or margarine
salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a medium pan and heat on medium heat
- When pan is hot, add onions first. Allow the onions to golden and become transparent.
- Add garlic. Cook garlic until golden.
- Add other veggies. Cook until soft and browned
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add meat. Cook until browned
- Add beer and allow the beer to cook down. Scrape the bits off the bottom of the pan as your cooking.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat two eggs with a dash of water
- You can lightly season your beaten eggs with salt and pepper, now, or wait until they're cooking in the pan
- In a medium pan, melt 2 tbsp butter on medium high heat
- Reduce heat to medium and add eggs.
- When eggs are halfway cooked through, add veggies and meat.
- Cook the entire egg mixture until opaque but still glossy.
- Transfer to a plate and let sit for a minute to finish cooking on the plate.