Beer Braised Chicken Tacos
It's National Taco Day! Say what?!!! Grab a beer and let's get our taco on. Let's taco about it. Taco Taco...okay, I'm done.
Check out this sweet recipe from
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup craft lager beer
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can Old El Paso® green or mild red enchilada sauce
- 8 taco shells or corn tortillas heated as directed on box
- 1 (4 ounce) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 lime wedges
- Add all ingredients to list
Prep, 15 m; Cook, 21 m; Ready In, 36 m
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and chicken; cook about 1 minute or until onion is tender. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cook uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon chicken mixture into taco shells; top with remaining ingredients.