So...mashed potatoes are probably the most delicious thing on the planet...but, you can take them to the next level by adding your favorite craft IPA. Check out this amazing mashed potato recipe we got from craftbeer.com! Everything is better with beer.
Yields 5-8 servings
- 4 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, roughly peeled and sliced 1/4”
- 3 Tbsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of your favorite craft IPA
- 9 leaves basil, chopped
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- To make these IPA mashed potatoes, put potatoes in a cold pot of water and add salt. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes until fork tender. Drain and return to the pot.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil just until it begins to brown.
- Add butter, milk and IPA. Cook until warm, then add to potatoes and mash them.
- Fold in basil, adjust seasonings and serve.